Webb Search provides a range of consulting services. At their simplest these can be hourly or daily rated contributions from William to assist with on-going activities or particular projects, for example assisting a mobile operator draft an input to their regulatory body. They can include undertaking complete projects from a handful of mandays to 100+ manday activities. William has an outstanding network of contacts and can draw in a wide range of associates as needed to provide expertise in particular areas, particular geographies or just general support. For example, he worked together with the leading economist Martin Cave in assisting T-Mobile and Sprint provide input on auction design in the forthcoming US incentive auctions. Areas of work include:
- For regulators helping with design of regulation, technical analysis, strategic advice, implementation of new spectrum approaches, white space implementation and independent review at either a project or Board level.
- For operators, broadcasters and other users of spectrum helping with regulatory inputs, consultation responses, regulatory strategies, implications of regulatory approaches, etc.
- For technology companies assisting with R&D, technical design, strategy and marketing.
- For standards entities working on structure, governance, marketing, IPR policy and more.
- For public sector bodies helping with technology and procurement strategies.
- For research entities assisting in project design and evaluation, horizon scanning and transfer to commercial development.
- All aspect of machine-to-machine (M2M) or Internet of Things (IoT) including technologies, applications, implementation, business cases and investment decisions.